- You are here:
- Home >
- The St Clair Recording Studio Acknowledgements
The St Clair Recording Studio Acknowledgements
Home | Ossie Byrne & The Bee Gees | Nat Kipner & The Bee Gees | Wee Liz & Nat Kipner | Ossie Byrne and The Bee Gees Discography | Bee Gees in the Australian Press 1965-67 | Spin Records The Down Under Label 1966 | Acknowledgements
A special thanks to Geoff Byrne, Ossie Byrne’s brother; to Dick Ashby, the Bee Gees’ manager; to David Kilby of 2CN Canberra, and to Nat Kipner.
Photographs used by permission of Dick Ashby and Geoff Byrne; photographs from Everybody’s magazine held by the Mitchell Library, Sydney, NSW. Ossie Byrne’s 1943 RAAF enlistment photo courtesy of National Archives. Photocopy of Geoff Mack’s LP back cover courtesy of ScreenSound Australia.
Geoff Byrne, Nat Kipner, Barrington Davis, Col Joye, Toni McCann, Colin Peterson (Steve & The Board, Bee Gees), Ron Watford (The Mystics), Jon Blanchfield, Geoff Mack, Bruce Davis (The Allusions), Jim Steedman (The Del-Fi’s), Dinah Lee, Marty Rhone
, Vytautas Zvirzdinas, Dennis Wilson and Russell Barnsley (Kevin Bible and the Book), Geoff Grant Streeter.
- Spin Dried, Compiled by Bill Casey and published (as an A4 sized booklet) by Moonlight Publications in 2007.ISBN 978-1-876187-45-3.
- Bilyeu, Melinda with Hector Cook and Andrew Mon Hughes, assisted by Joe Brennan and Mark Crohan, Tales of the Brothers Gibb, Omnibus Press, 2000.
- Mojo Music Magazine, June 1996, p.35.
- Illawarra Mercury, 6 Dec 1961, p.2, "The Del-Fi’s are waiting until Ossie thinks they are ready"
- Brennan, Joe, Gibb songs: Spicks and Specks 1966 (from Joe’s on-line site dedicated to the Bee Gees http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/beegees/66.spicks.html)
- Elder, Bruce, Ossie Byrne – Biography, All Music Guide, Yahoo Shopping Music (Online).
- Baker, Glenn A., Liner notes to the Bee Gees’ Brilliant from birth 2CD, Festival Records.
- Brown, Graeme, Saturday date: an overview of the musical career of Toni McCann and Royce Nicholas, Moonlight Publishing, 2001.
- Cox, Peter, Spinning Around: The Festival Records Story, Powerhouse, 2000.
- Crotty, George, The Australian Festival Record company: the label listing of singles released in Australia between 1961-1969.
- Davison, Graeme, The use and abuse of Australian history, Allen & Unwin, St. Leonards, 2000.
- Evans, Raymond, "To try to ruin": rock’n’roll, youth culture and law and order in Brisbane, 1956-1957, in The Forgotten Fifties, edited by John Murphy and Judith Smart, Australian Historical Studies, No. 109, Oct. 1997.
- Joyson, Vernon, Dreams, Fantasies & Nightmares, Canadian, Australasian & Latin American Rock & Pop 1963 – 75, http://www.borderlinebooks.com/dreams/dreams.html
- Paige, Garry, Interview (0435152) with Nat Kipner, recorded 11/11/2000, held by ScreenSound Australia, Moore Park, Sydney, NSW.
- Spencer, Chris, The Australian rock discography: 1956-1969, 4th ed., Moonlight Publications, 2000.
- Unterberger, Ritchie, Liner notes to Eclection’s Eclection CD, Collectors Choice Music, 2001.
- White, Richard, Inventing Australia, Allen & Unwin, North Sydney, 1981.
- Everybody’s magazine, Mitchell Library.
- Go-set magazine, Mitchell Library.
- The livin’ end magazine Issue No.6, re-issued by Moonlight Publishing, 1999.
Thanks are also due to:
Melissa Harper; Mark Crohan; Peter Cox at the Powerhouse Museum; Ron Smith; John Wylie Pearce; Brad Owen at RAAF Museum, RAAF Base Williams, Point Cook, Vic; John Bailey SA RSL President Year 2002; National Archives of Australia; Simon Drake and Ruth Hill at ScreenSound Australia; Joe Brennan; Paul Layton of the New Seekers; Harry M. Miller; ABC TV "New dimensions in time" with George Negus; Hank Facer of the Museum of Indigenous Recording Labels; Duncan Kimball of Milesago; Glenn A. Baker and Kevin Mueller of Raven Records; Mitchell Library, Sydney, especially Denise Wyatt, Jane Johnson and Jennifer Broomfield; Garry Paige; Richard White, History Dept., Uni of Sydney; Hurstville Library, including Frances Sherwin, Laurie Urane and Carmel Blakeley; Julie Fitzsimons and Hurstville Local Studies Centre; Tom Thompson; Brian Shaw; Marion of www.brothersgibb.org; Terri Bridge; Vicious Sloth Collectables
[back to top]